Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
A multi-disciplinary professional organization that provides leadership to advance science and its application to the legal system.
- American Board of Forensic Toxicology
The objective of the Board is to establish, enhance, and revise as necessary, standards of qualification for individuals who practice forensic toxicology.
- Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners
"AFTE" is an international organization dedicated to the advancement of one of the finest disciplines of Forensic Science......Firearm & Toolmark Identification.
- Association of Forensic DNA Analysts and Administrators
A nonprofit organization composed of professionals engaged in the forensic aspects of DNA analysis for the judicial system.
- Firearm Examiner Training - NIJ
The Firearm Examiner Training website. Information addressed in this interactive training program is delivered in fourteen web-based modules.
- International Association for Identification
A professional membership organization comprised of individuals worldwide who work in the field of forensic identification.
- International Association of Bloodstain Pattern Analysts
Promoting education, establishing training standards and encouraging research in the field of bloodstain pattern analysis.
- International Association of Forensic Toxicologists
An organization of professionals engaged or interested in the field of forensic toxicology or related areas of analytical toxicology, including the interpretation of the results of these analyses.
- North American Forensic Entomology Association
The professional association of forensic entomologists and those interested in the science of forensic entomology.
- Scientific Working Group for Firearms and Toolmarks
The purpose of SWGGUN is to develop a series of consensus guidelines for the firearm and toolmark discipline and to disseminate SWGGUN guidelines, studies, and other findings that may be of benefit to the forensic community. The SWG meets twice annually.
- Scientific Working Group for Forensic Toxicology
The mission of SWGTOX is to develop and disseminate consensus standards for the practice of forensic toxicology.
- Scientific Working Group on Bloodstain Pattern Analysis
- Scientific Working Group on DNA Analysis Methods
SWGDAM, serves as a forum to discuss, share, and evaluate forensic biology methods, protocols, training, and research to enhance forensic biology services as well as provide recommendations to the FBI Director on quality assurance standards for forensic DNA analysis.
- Society of Forensic Toxicologists
An organization composed of practicing forensic toxicologists and those interested in the discipline for the purpose of promoting and developing forensic toxicology.
Forensic Science Websites
ExploreForensics for beginners. ExploreForensics was formed to offer a unique reference point on forensic science, crime scene investigations and pathology.
North Carolina Forensic Associations
Frontline Episode : The Real CSI